I’ve been enjoying the interaction between Tucker Carlson and Senator Tammy Duckworth. Let’s look at the bona fides of these two . . . .
– Grew up in a home overlooking the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club
– Has a BA in history
– Tried to join the CIA, but was rejected
– Father had been head of the Voice of America and the Corporation for Public Brodcasting
– Has worked as a newspaper reporter in Arkansas and has been published in a number of magazines
– Is a conservative pundit on Fox News
– Accuses Senator Tammy Duckworth of being un-American
– Has a BA in Political Science, an MA in International Affairs, and a PhD in Human Services; was pursuing a second PhD in Political Science, but was mobilized with the US Army before she could complete it
– Joined the Reserve Officer Training Corps in graduate school
– Commissioned as an officer in the US Army Reserve, became a helicopter pilot and was deployed to Iraq where she lost both legs in combat to a rocket propelled grenade
– Lobbied to remain in service, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel from the Army National Guard
– Has served in numerous public service positions including as a member of the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate
Before either of them says a single word, who would you choose to listen to?